Although classes in Elden Ring don’t really matter as much as in other games. As no item is locked to any particular class. And you can level any statistic up at any point. We still came up with great suggestions for weapon swaps and upgrades that feel like natural upgrades of Warrior’s starting gear. So if you like dual-wielding lightning-fast weapons and don’t mind sacrificing your defenses for the best possible DPS. Then this Elden Ring “Best Warrior Build” is definitely for you.
The Warrior is a great class for beginners to the Elden Ring and newcomers to all the Soulsborne games. You start out with two extremely good weapons. And if things get too tough for your liking, you can always opt to swap out one of them for a shield to hide behind. Warrior is all about that dexterity and oriental blades that scale with it. You can continue to level up dex to achieve a nice “dex dual wield build”. Allowing you to experiment with power stancing for most dex-related weapon types.
One pitfall of the Warrior class is that his shield is quite bad. And if you are bad at rolling through attacks, you might pay the ultimate price. It should be noted that this class is a poor choice if you want to use magic in the game. You can build towards it for sure. But if you want a full-blown magic or incantation character, then start with a class that already can cast spells from the beginning of the game. Let’s now look at the Elden Ring’s best Warrior builds.
Best Warrior Build in Elden Ring
- Reduvia – An awesome unique dagger. Daggers are one of the greatest weapons for powerstancing in Elden Ring. They may have inferior range. But they more than make up for that with crazy attack speeds. In the case of Reduvia, as a cherry on top, you have bleed buildup on enemies on each hit.
- Elonora’s Poleblade – Another great option for powerstancing. Twinblades have a crazy moveset with one in each hand! Elonora’s Poleblade is one of the more exotic and unique twinblades in the game. It offers excellent damage and bleed buildup. But you do need some Arcane to wield it.
- Godskin Peeler – A more Dex-focused twinblade. Excellent damage, and even better ash of war. The “Black Flame Tornado” is a cool move that definitely plays great into the Dex-focused build. Only watch out for the FP drain!
- Sacrificial Axe – A great, great, great axe that can be picked up in Weeping Peninsula. So relatively early into the game. Requires 16 Str and 10 Dex. And scales great with both of those stats. Starts out with the amazing “Wild Strikes” Ash of War. It can be swapped out for anything you like, but I recommend keeping that one.
- Dragonscale Blade – Another cool option for Dex-focused Warrior. This weapon definitely favors Dex over Str, and you cannot swap the Ash of War out sadly. Because this is a unique blade. But the Ice Lightning that is comes with is a nice option to have for some ranged enemy blasting. Dual wield with some other katana for awesome moveset options.
- If you want to shield from attacks, you need to quickly find one that blocks 100% of physical damage. Which is the most important type of damage to block with your shield. The starting shield of Warrior is not going to get you anywhere. The only thing to worry after that, is to possibly swap out your shield for something lighter that still blocks 100% physical, so you can equip heavier armor.
- Armor Sets
- The Warrior playstyle of swinging quick agile weapons comes hand in hand with running around in medium/heavy full plate armor. After all, you dont want the boss to one shot you after you whiff a dodgeroll! That being said. Here are some great medium/heavy armor sets in the game! So if you must wear something, be sure it is one of those:
- Hoslow’s Set (combined weight 28.5) – A great medium weight set. Quite late into the playthough. But definetly worth it. Not only is the defense per weight ratio is great, but it also looks so god damn cool!
- Beast Champion Set (combined weight is 40.1) – This requires you to sadly slay the Warmaster. But his might set of armor is througly worth it! Not only is it absolutelty stylin, but it has such a great defense parameters.
- General Radahn Set (combined weight is 39.2) – A late game armor that is equal parts physical resistant and equal part magic resistant. Making it a jack of all trades but master of none, type of deals. To me, its versitality is well worth it!
To get the most out of playing as a Warrior it is best to use primarily Dex scaling weapons. The choice of weapon type is up to you. Twin blades, daggers, katanas usually are great with dex builds. Each of these is also great while dualwielding. But you can always slot some preferred stat-based ash of war into any fightstick you like! You will also have PLENTY of weapons to try out and experiment with during your adventure in Elden Ring.
- Most Important Atributes To Level Up
- Strenght (Optional)
The many fast blades available to you as soon as you pick them up is a great asset of any dex-focused Warrior build. Bundled with the extremely high equipment load that pumping endurance will give you. Turns you into a walking whirlwind of blade cuts. And you should never underestimate just how much DPS you! You can also always mix in some raged combat for much-needed utility.
That’s it for this Elden Ring Warrior Build. Check out our Elden Ring section for more content, here are some examples:
- 12 Tips Every Newcomer To Elden Ring Should Know (Soulsborne Vets too!)
- How To Avoid Rune Loss On Death In Elden Ring
- Elden Ring All Secret Achievements Listed And Explained
- Elden Ring Ranni The Witch Questline Guide – How To Unlock Age Of Stars Ending
- Elden Ring Royal Knight Loretta Boss Guide – Fear The Magic Horse Woman
- Elden Ring Starscourge Radahn Boss Guide – How To Beat Radahn In 2 Minutes Flat
- Elden Ring Best Wretch Build
- Elden Ring Best Confessor Build
- Elden Ring Best Samurai Build