Best Killer Perks Dead By Daylight Tier List – All the DBD Killer perks ranked from S-Tier (Current meta/Overall best killer perks) to Tier D (The worst and most situational perks in the game).
If you want to know how strong is each Killer in the game, check out our other tier list right here: Dead by Daylight Killers Tier List – All DBD Killers Ranked From Best To Worst!
Best Killer Perks DBD Tier List: S-Tier
S-Tier are the best DBD Killer Perks that are currently the “meta”. This is bread and butter for any Killer in Dead By Daylight, and you are likely to see these perks in almost every match you play.
- Deadlock – The Cenobite Perk: Whenever a Generator is completed, The Entity blocks the Generator with the most progression for 20/25/30 seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance – The Artist Perk: Auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white. Upon hooking anyone on a scourge hook the generator with the most progression explodes, instantly losing 9/12/15 % of its Progression and starting to regress. Anyone repairing the gen when it explodes screams, revealing their location.
- Corrupt Intervention – The Plague Perk: At the start of the Trial, the 3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for 80/100/120 seconds.
- Call of Brine – The Onryo Perk: After damaging a Generator, Call of Brine activates for 60 seconds. The Generator regresses at 150/175/200 % of the normal Regression speed and its Aura is revealed to you. Each time a Survivor completes a Good Skill Check on a Generator affected by Call of Brine, you receive a Loud Noise Notification.
- Overcharge – The Doctor Perk: Damaging a Generator causes the next Survivor interacting with it will be faced with a difficult Skill Check. Failing the Skill Check results in an additional Progression loss of 3/4/5 %. Succeeding the Skill Check does not grant any bonus Progression. The generator will also regress at 200% the normal rate after 30 seconds of not being touched.
Best Killer Perks DBD Tier List: A-Tier
A-Tier DBD Killer Perks are cut above the rest. They are fine, with minuscule drawbacks if any. They just aren’t as all-powerful as the S-Tier ones.
- Hex: Ruin – The Hag Perk: All Generators automatically regress at 100/150/200% of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired.
- Tinkerer – The Hillbilly Perk: Whenever a Generator is repaired to 70 % it Triggers a Loud Noise Notification and grants you the Undetectable Status Effect for the next 12/14/16 seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage – The Onryo Perk: Auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white. Each time a Survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, the Auras of all other Survivors are revealed for 5/6/7 seconds.
- Hex: Undying – The Blight Perk: The Auras of Survivors within 2/3/4 metres of any Dull Totem are revealed to you. When another Perk’s Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed, its Hex is transferred to the Hex: Undying Totem, including any accumulated Tokens, disabling Hex: Undying instead.
- No Way Out – The Trickster Perk: For each Survivor you hook for the first time, you gain a Token. When a Survivor interacts with the Exit Gate Switch, you receive a Loud Noise Notification and The Entity blocks both Exit Gate Switches for 12 seconds and an additional 6/9/12 seconds per Token in your possession, up to a combined maximum of 36/48/60 seconds.
- Hex: No One Escapes Death – General Killer Perk: Once the Exit Gates are powered and there is at least one Dull Totem left unbroken No One Escapes Death lits up at that dull totem location. Increases your Movement speed by 2/3/4 % and Survivors suffer from a permanent Exposed Status Effect.
- Pop Goes the Weasel – The Clown Perk: After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next 35/40/45 seconds. The next generator you damage instantly loses 25% progress and begins to regress at regular rate.
- Barbecue & Chilli – The Cannibal Perk: After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors’ Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook.
- Thrilling Tremors – Ghost Face Perk: After picking up a Survivor, all Generators not currently being repaired by Survivors are blocked by The Entity for the next 16 seconds.
- Save the Best for Last – The Shape Perk: Each time you hit a Survivor other than your Obsession with a Basic Attack, Save the Best for Last gains 1 Token, up to a maximum of 8 Tokens. Gain a stack-able 5 % Cool-down reduction on successful attacks per Token, up to a maximum of 40 %.
- Hex: Blood Favour – The Blight Perk: Whenever a Survivor loses a Health State by any means, Hex: Blood Favour calls upon The Entity to block all Pallets within 24/28/32 metres of that Survivor’s location from being used for the next 15 seconds.
- Infectious Fright – The Plague Perk: Whenever a Survivor is put into the Dying State by any means, all other Survivors within your Terror Radius will scream and reveal their current location to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
- Discordance – The Legion Perk: Any Generator within a range of 64/96/128 metres that is being repaired by 2 or more Survivors is marked by a yellow Aura.
- Surveillance – The Pig Perk: The Auras of regressing Generators are highlighted in white. Surveillance increases the audible range of Survivors’ Generator-repairing noises by 8 metres.
- Hex: Devour Hope – The Hag Perk: Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook when you are at least 24 metres away, Hex: Devour Hope recieves 1 Token. The following effects apply at following Token count – 2 Tokens: 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor, gain a 3/4/5 % Haste Status Effect for the next 10 seconds. 3 Tokens: Survivors suffer permanently from the Exposed Status Effect. 5 Tokens: You are granted the ability to kill all Survivors by your own hand.
- Lethal Pursuer – The Nemesis Perk: At the start of the Trial, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
- Starstruck – The Trickster Perk: When carrying a Survivor, other Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect while in your Terror Radius. The Effect lingers for 26/28/30 seconds after leaving your Terror Radius.
- Bamboozle – The Clown Perk: Performing a Vault action is 5/10/15 % faster and calls upon The Entity to block that Vault location for Survivors for 8/12/16.
- I’m All Ears – Ghostface Perk: Any Survivor performing a rushed action within 48 metres of your location has their Aura revealed to you for 6 seconds.
- Make Your Choice – The Pig Perk: Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook when you are at least 32 metres away, Make Your Choice activates: The Rescuer screams revealing their location and suffers from the Exposed Status Effect for the next 40/50/60 seconds.
- Hex: Haunted Ground – The Spirit Perk: Spawns 2 “trap” hex totems. When either Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed, all Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 40/50/60 seconds, second Hex Totem will also immediately turn into a Dull Totem.
- Sloppy Butcher – General Killer Perk: Wounds inflicted by Basic Attacks cause Survivors to suffer from the Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects. Haemorrhage increases the Survivor’s Bleeding frequency by 50/75/100 %.
- Jolt – General Killer Perk: When you put a Survivor into the Dying State with your Basic Attack, all Generators within 32 metres of you instantly explode and start regressing at normal speed.
- Remember Me – The Nightmare Perk: Each time the Obsession loses a Health State, Remember Me gains 1 Token. Increases the Opening time of both Exit Gates by 4 seconds per Token, up to a maximum of 8/12/16 additional seconds. Obsession is not affected by this perk.
- Hex: Retribution – The Deathslinger Perk: Survivors cleansing or blessing any Totem suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect for 35/40/45 seconds. After cleansing or blessing a Hex Totem, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 15 seconds.
- Monitor & Abuse – The Doctor Perk: Your base Terror Radius is increased by 8 metres. Whenever you are outside of a Chase, your Terror Radius is reduced by 16 metres while your Field of View is increased by 3/5/10 degrees.
- A Nurse’s Calling – The Nurse Perk: The Auras of Survivors, who are healing or being healed, are revealed to you when they are within a range of 20/24/28 metres.
- Oppression – The Twins Perk: When damaging a Generator, up to 3 other random Generators also begin regressing.Trigger a difficult Skill Check if a selected Generator is being repaired. Oppression has a cool-down of 120/100/80 seconds.
- Eruption – The Nemesis Perk: After kicking a Generator, its Aura is highlighted in yellow. When you put a Survivor into the Dying State, every affected Generator explodes and starts regressing, removing the highlighted Aura. Applies 6 % Progression penalty. Any Survivor repairing a Generator when it explodes will scream and suffer from the Incapacitated Status Effect for 12/14/16 seconds.
- Brutal Strength – The Trapper Perk: Increases the Action speed of breaking Pallets, Walls, and damaging Generators by 10/15/20 %.
- Thanatophobia – The Nurse Perk: Each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor incurs a stack-able 4/4.5/5 % penalty to all Survivors’ Repairing, Sabotaging, and Cleansing Action speeds. Up to a maximum of 16/18/20 %.
- Hex: Plaything – The Cenobite Perk: If there is at least one Dull Totem remaining in the Trial Grounds, Hex: Plaything activates on a random Totem each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time. The hooked Survivor suffers from the Cursed and Oblivious Status Effects until Hex: Plaything is cleansed. For the first 90 seconds, only the Cursed Survivor is able to cleanse the Hex Totem. The Aura of Hex: Plaything’s Hex Totem is revealed to the Cursed Survivor within 24/20/16 metres.
- Whispers – General Killer Perk: You hear the sporadic whispers of the Entity whenever at least one Survivor is within 48/40/32 metres of your location.
- Hex: Pentimento – The Artist: You see the Auras of cleansed Totems. You can perform a ritual on a cleansed Totem to resurrect it as a Rekindled Totem. The more Rekindled Totems you create, the greater their effects. 1 Totem – Reduces the Repair speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30 %. 2 Totems – Reduces the Healing speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30 %. 3 Totems – Reduces the Recovery speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30 %. 4 Totems – Reduces the Gate Opening speed of all Survivors by 20/25/30 %. 5 Totems: All Totems are blocked by The Entity. When a Rekindled Totem is cleansed, its remains are consumed by The Entity.
- Dead Man’s Switch – The Deathslinger Perk: After hooking a Survivor, Dead Man’s Switch activates for the next 35/40/45 seconds. While activated, any Survivor that stops repairing a Generator before it is fully repaired causes The Entity to block the Generator until Dead Man’s Switch’s effect ends.
Best Killer Perks DBD Tier List: B-Tier
B-Tier is for the average Killer Perks of DBD. They either have too many downsides or are simply not powerful enough to compete with any perk that is viable in the current meta. They might be situationally okay-ish. But don’t pick them if you want to win:
- Merciless Storm – The Onryo Perk: Whenever a Generator is repaired to 90 % Survivors repairing it are faced with continuous Skill Checks. If they miss one or stop repairing, the Generator becomes blocked for 16/18/20 seconds.
- Bitter Murmur – General Killer Perk : Each time a Generatoris completed, the Auras of all Survivors within 16 metres of that Generator are revealed to you for 5 second. Once the last Generator is completed, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 5/7/10 seconds.
- Enduring – The Hillbilly Perk: Reduces Pallet Stun duration by 40/45/50 %.
- Franklin’s Demise – The Cannibal Perk: Basic Attacks make Survivors drop their held Items. If not recovered within 150/120/90 seconds, the lost Items will have their Charges depleted by The Entity.
- Agitation – The Trapper Perk: Carrying a Survivor Increases your Movement speed by 6/12/18 % and Terror Radius by 12 metres.
- Blood Warden – The Nightmare Perk: The Auras of Survivors standing within the Exit-Gate area are revealed to you. Once per Trial, hooking a Survivor while Blood Warden is active calls upon The Entity to block the exits for all Survivors for 30/40/60 seconds.
- Spies from the Shadows – General Killer Perk: Crows startled by Survivors within 20/28/36 metres of you trigger a Loud Noise Notification.
- Lightborn – The Hillbilly Perk: The Auras of Survivors attempting to blind you with a Flashlight are revealed to you for 6/8/10 seconds
- Fearmonger – General Killer Perk: Whenever a Survivor is repairing a Generator, they suffer from the Blindness and Exhausted Status Effects. The Status Effect lingers for 3/4/5 seconds after the Survivor stops repairing.
- Play with Your Food – The Shape Perk: Each time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, Play with Your Food recieves 1 Token, up to a maximum of 3 Tokens. Each Token applies a stack-able 3/4/5 % Haste Status Effect, up to a maximum of 9/12/15 %. Performing Basic Attacks, or Special Attacks that can damage Survivors, consumes 1 Token.
- Distressing – General Killer Perk: Increases your Terror Radius by 22/24/26 %. Grants 100 % bonus Bloodpoints for all actions in the deviousness category.
- Trail of Torment – The Executioner Perk: After kicking a Generator, you are granted the Undetectable Status Effect until that Generator stops regressing or you damage a Survivor by any means.
- Iron Maiden – The Legion Perk: You open Lockers 30/40/50 % faster. Survivors who exit Lockers will scream and suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 30 seconds and their location is revealed to you for 4 seconds.
- Spirit Fury – The Spirit Perk: After breaking 4/3/2 Pallets, the next time you are stunned by a Pallet, The Entity will instantly break it.
- Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain – The Cenobite Perk: Auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white. Each time a Survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, the following effects apply – The Survivor suffers from the Haemorrhage and Mangled Status Effects until healed. Upon being healed, the Survivor suffers from a 7/8/9 % Action Speed penalty to Healing and Repairing until they are injured again.
- Grim Embrace – The Artist Perk: Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, Grim Embrace gains a Token. Upon reaching 4 Tokens all Generators get blocked for 30/35/40 seconds and Aura of the Obsession is revealed to you for 5 seconds.
- Coup de Grâce – The Twins Perk: Each time a Generator is completed gain a token. Consume 1 Token to increase the distance of your next Lunge Attack by 40/50/60 %.
- Dark Devotion – The Plague Perk: Hitting the Obsession with a Basic Attack causes them to emit a Terror Radius of 32 metres for the next 20/25/30 seconds. You are granted the Undetectable Status Effect.
- Dragon’s Grip – The Blight Perk : Kicking a Generator traps it for the next 30 seconds. The first Survivor to interact with it will scream, revealing their location for 4 seconds, and suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 60 seconds.
- Iron Grasp – General Killer Perk: While carrying a Survivor Decreases Wiggle effects, which cause you to strafe sideways, by 75 % and Increases Wiggle duration by 4/8/12 %
- Gearhead – The Deathslinger Perk: After a Survivor loses a Health State, Gearhead activates. While Gearhead is active, a Survivor succeeding a Great Skill Check while repairing reveals their Aura to you for 6/8/10 seconds, after which Gearhead deactivates.
- Nemesis – The Oni Perk: Any Survivor who blinds or stuns you becomes the Obsession. Anytime your Obsession switches to another Survivor by any means, that Survivor then suffers from the Oblivious Status Effect for 40/50/60 seconds and their Aura is revealed to you for 4 seconds.
- Hex: Huntress Lullaby – The Huntress Perk: Survivors recieve a 2/4/6 % Regression penalty on Failed Skill Checks for Repair and Healing actions. Hex: Huntress Lullaby gains 1 Token each time you hook a Survivior. Each token shortens the time between the Warning sound and the Skill check by 14 %/28 %/42 %/56 %, and finally at 5 Tokens, it disables the Warning sound alltogether.
- Stridor – The Nurse Perk: Increases the volume of Survivors’ Grunts of Pain by 25%/50%/50 %. Increases the volume of Survivors’ regular breathing by 0%/0%/25 %.
- Hoarder – The Twins Perk: Hoarder triggers a Loud Noise Notification for 4 seconds, whenever a Survivor unlocks a chest or picks up any Items within 32/48/64 metres of your location. Hoarder spawns 2 additional chests in the Trial.
- Dying Light – The Shape Perk: Each time you hook a Survivor other than your Obsession, you gain 1 Token. For as long as the Obsession is alive, all other Survivors suffer from a stack-able 2/2.5/3 % penalty to Repairing, Healing, and Sabotaging speeds per Token, up to a maximum of 22/27.5/33 % or 11 Tokens. The Obsession is unaffected by this penalty and instead granted a permanent 33 % Action Speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other Survivors.
- Hangman’s Trick – The Pig Perk: Gain a Loud Noise Notification whenever a Survivor begins sabotaging a Hook. While carrying a Survivor, see the Aura of any Survivor within 2/4/6 metres of any Hook.
- Deerstalker – General Killer Perk: The Auras of all Survivors in the Dying State within 20/28/36 metres of your location are revealed to you.
- Forced Penance – The Executioner Perk: Survivors who take a Protection Hit suffer from the Broken Status Effect for the next 60/70/80 seconds.
- Hex: Crowd Control – The Trickster Perk: Survivors who perform a rushed vault through a Window prompt The Entity to block it for the next 14/17/20 seconds.
- Hysteria – The Nemesis Perk: Whenever you put a healthy Survivor into the Injured State, all injured Survivors suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect for 20/25/30 seconds (30 Seconds Cooldown).
- Mad Grit – The Legion Perk: While carrying a Survivor, you suffer no cool-down on missed attacks. Successfully hitting a Survivor will pause the carried Survivor’s Wiggling Progression for 2/3/4 seconds.
- Blood Echo – The Oni Perk: When hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors suffer from the Haemorrhage and Exhausted Status Effects for 45 seconds.
- Rancor – The Spirit Perk: Each time a Generator is completed your Aura is revealed to the Obsession for 5/4/3 seconds. All Survivors’ locations are revealed to you for 3 seconds. Once all Generators are completed the Obsession suffers from a permanent Exposed Status Effect. You are then granted the ability to kill the Obsession by your own hand.
- Fire Up – The Nightmare Perk: Each time a generator is completed gain a stack-able 3/3.5/4 % Action Speed bonus to picking-up and dropping Survivors, breaking Pallets and Breakable Walls, damaging Generators, and vaulting Windows. Up to a maximum of 15/17.5/20 %
- Knock Out – The Cannibal Perk: When putting a Survivor into the Dying State with your Basic Attack their Aura is not revealed to any Survivor farther away from them than 32/24/16 metres. For the next 15 seconds, the dying Survivor suffers from a decreased Field of View, the Blindness Status Effect, and crawls 50 % slower.
- Shadowborn – The Wraith: Increases your Field of View by 9/12/15 degree.
Best Killer Perks DBD Tier List: C-Tier
C-Tier is for the below-average Killer Perks of DBD. They have way too many downsides to compete with any perk that is viable in the current meta. They can be useful if you have an extremely specific build in mind. Don’t pick them if you want to win:
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt – General Killer Perk: For each totem remaining in the game Survivors suffer from a stack-able 8/9/10 % Action Speed penalty per Token to Cleansing and Blessing Totem speeds, up to a maximum of 40/45/50 %.
- Overwhelming Presence – The Doctor Perk: Survivors using an Item withing your Terror Radius suffer from increased item Depletion rate (80/90/100 %).
- Zanshin Tactics – The Oni Perk: The Auras of Breakable Walls, Pallets, and Windows are revealed to you within 24/28/32 metres.
- Unnerving Presence – The Executioner Perk: Survivors repairing or healing within your Terror Radius Increases the odds of triggering Skill Checks by 10 % and have the Success zone of Skill Checks decreased by 40/50/60 %.
- Hex: The Third Seal – The Hag Perk: The last 2/3/4 Survivors hit with either your Basic Attack or Special Attack suffer from the Blindness Status Effect until the hex is removed.
- Unrelenting – General Killer Perk: Reduces the Cool-down of missed Basic Attacks by 20/25/30 %.
- Furtive Chase – Ghostface Perk: Each time you hook your Obsession, you gain 1 Token, up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens. While in a Chase, your Terror Radius is reduced by 4 metres per accumulated Token. When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from the Hook, that Survivor will become the new Obsession.
- Deathbound – The Executioner Perk: When a Survivor heals another Survivor for the equivalent of 1 Health State at least 32 metres away from you, that Survivor will scream, revealing their location and activating Deathbound. For the next 60 seconds, that Survivor suffers from the Oblivious Status Effect when farther than 16/12/8 metres away from the healed Survivor.
- Coulrophobia – The Clown Perk: The Healing speed of Survivors within your Terror Radius is reduced by 30/40/50 %.
- Insidious – General Killer Perk: Grants the Undetectable Status Effect after standing still for 4/3/2 seconds and until you are moving again.
- Bloodhound – The Wraith Perk: Pools of Blood are shown in bright red and can be tracked for 2/3/4 seconds longer than normal.
Best Killer Perks DBD Tier List: D-Tier
D-Tier is for the worst Killer Perks in DBD. They have way too many downsides to compete with any other Killer Perk. They usually are also useless in terms of creating a specific build. Therefore, there is not a single reason to EVER pick any of them for your match:
- Claustrophobia – General Killer Perk: Whenever a Generator is completed, all Windows and Vault locations within 32 metres of it become blocked for all Survivors for the next 20/25/30 seconds.
- Beast of Prey – The Huntress Perk: Upon gaining the Bloodlust Status Effect, Beast of Prey activates. Grants the Undetectable Status Effect for as long as Bloodlust is active.
- Territorial Imperative – The Huntress Perk: The Aura of a Survivor entering the Basement when you are at least 32 metres away is revealed to you for 3 seconds. Territorial Imperative has a cool-down of 30/25/20 seconds.
- Monstrous Shrine – General Killer Perk: Basement Hooks are empowered by this perk. They accelerate Sacrifice Progression by 3/6/9 %, Increase Self-Unhook difficulty by 5/10/15 %, and Increases Self-Unhook penalty by 3/6/9 %.
- Predator – The Wraith Perk: The Scratch Marks left by Survivors spawn slightly/moderately/considerably closer together.
About Dead by Daylight
Dead by Daylight is an isometric(4vs1) multiplayer horror game. One player takes on the role of the Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and killed. Many horror icons such as Michael Meyers, Freddy Krugger, Samara Morgan, Pyramid Head, Resident Evil’s Nemesis, star as guest Killers in the game.
That’s it for our Tier List of Best Killer Perks in DBD. Check out some of our other content about Dead By Daylight right here.